Monday, April 1, 2013

Our wedding - more decor

My first wedding post was for the bouquet that inspired the color and decorations for our wedding.  Then I posted on the centerpieces that we chose to have at the tables.  Now I can post on the other decor that we did!

First off - to help our guests find the winery, I made these signs to put at turns on the highway.  My dad had an old hay wagon that was falling a part, so I ripped some boards off of it and painted them.  My dad helped assemble them for the road.  He used fencing posts - can you tell he's a farmer?!


Once guests arrived at the winery, they were greeted with the sign below.  I painted the names of our home towns as well as where we currently reside, and showed the mileage from the winery to those locations.  Our hope with this was showing guests that we appreciated their sacrifices to travel so far to celebrate with us on our special day.


As guests walked in, they saw some pictures of us - this was in lieu of doing a slideshow or any picture presentation later on in the night.  My mom found an old fence at our farm that was perfect for displaying these pictures.  We wrapped a grape vine around it and hung the pictures from it.  I also hand-painted the Song of Solomon wood sign next to the picture display.




Just before guests entered the main room, they saw this little display.  I had an engagement picture printed onto a large canvas and my friend pieced together some beautiful flower arrangements to brighten it up!



As guests entered the large room where both our ceremony was held and the reception would be, they were greeted with this place card table:


The Carlos Creek Winery venue has a beautiful fire place, and we decorated it with lots of candles on pieces of birch stumps and a canvas photo from our engagement picture shoot.



Here is a view from the fireplace looking towards the "stage" where the ceremony was held:

 
Instead of carrying a pillow with the rings on it, our ringbearer carried the pastor's bible with our rings tied around it.  It was so cute seeing him carrying this down the aisle and then handing it to the pastor when he got up front.


Speaking of the ring bearer, here he is taking a break during the dance!  But the real reason I posted this picture is to show you the head table after the ceremony.  The ceremony was held in front of the head table, but we added a back drop and tables with a cross and the unity candle to give it a feel of being in a church.  Between the ceremony and reception, the head table was revealed.  We had lots of candles and beautiful flower arrangements!


During the dance, we also had a popcorn and candy bar.  I don't think many pictures got taken of it when the candy and popcorn were actually in the containers, but this is what it looked like beforehand.




Thanks for looking at some of the extra decor we did for our wedding! 

1 comment:

  1. I loved your wedding decor! My dad would have done the same with the fence posts. :)

    ReplyDelete