Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Easy DIY Baby Blanket #2

I made another "easy baby blanket" but didn't take the time to take pictures step-by-step.  I will have to make another and be sure to break it down for all of you interested in learning this easy go-to baby gift!

One side of the blanket is a cotton fabric and the other is a very soft fabric.  This time, I used a thicker soft fabric which made it a little challenging to sew through, but overall I think it turned out okay!  A few lessons learned since my last one (posted here) is that it's very important to keep a steady rhythm on the sewing machine.  I didn't do that on my first one and the stitches are not nearly as nice as they are on this one.  I'm still no pro, but hopefully it won't fall a part:)





I also learned that the corners will look better if you sew both sides down.  If you are using thick fabric, since the corners tend to have the most fabric, don't be afraid to cut some of the fabric out that wouldn't show anyways so that it will fold down better and fit under the machine.




I'm looking forward to making more of these blankets!  They are super cozy and can be made in such a variety of colors and fabrics.  And they make great baby gifts!

3 comments:

  1. Love your fabric choice once again! I need someone to make these cute baby things for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh please! I'd love to make this for some of my friends who're having babies (or grand-babies)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good article, like it! Appreciate the patience in putting up such determined content. Thanks for the time and effort.
    baby crib sheets

    ReplyDelete