Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Our wedding - centerpieces

Once the bouquet for our wedding was determined (see bouquet post here), we continued on with planning the centerpieces.  I was very blessed to have the advice and expertise of my friend Kristie who is so very talented when it comes to event planning and visualizing what a space could look like.  We got together a few times and I showed her some decor ideas I had pinned on pinterest as inspiration.  My "wedding board" showed us that we were looking for a rustic, yet elegant style.  So, we got to work on creating centerpieces.  We wanted to come up with 3 centerpiece styles.  Using my pins as well as taking an inventory of items we had on hand to use, the centerpieces evolved into this:

1)  Hurricane vase with candle inside and 4 hanging candles around the outside.  Dried hydrangeas and real flowers (same flowers from my bouquet) were placed in an oasis around the bottom of the hurricane vase.  Grape vines were twisted around the hurricane vase.


2)  Tall vase with birch branches coming out the top surrounded by dried hydrangeas and flowers from my bouquet.  The vase was displayed on a piece of birch and filled with corks from the winery.






3) Lantern on wood slab with candle in it.  Flower displays with the same dried hydrangeas and flowers from my bouquet.




Each table had a wine bottle with our monogram tied around it and the table number in the cork.  It's hard to see, but we also included one of our bible verses around the outside rim of the table number, "I am the vine, you are the branches....apart from me you can do nothing." -John 15:5

A good high school friend helped me design our invitations, programs, place cards, and the table numbers.  I'll post more on that later.  The tables were set with silver chargers and topped with our wedding program.  Since our wedding ceremony was in the same room as our reception, we thought it would be just as easy to have the programs at the table spots already.


So that's our centerpieces!  I'll post more on other decorations!

1 comment:

  1. Pleased to know about these amazing wedding centerpieces. I am planning to arrange my cousin’s engagement party and trying to find a spacious Chicago event space to accommodate all our guests. Hope to find one soon.

    ReplyDelete