Monday, April 15, 2013

"Diaper Strap" for Baby

Another DIY creation down!  I got the idea of making a "diaper strap" from this blog.  What a clever idea!  For mom's out there, is it ever a pain to haul the big diaper bag to a changing room and find a place to set it without setting it on the bathroom floor?  If you've ever encountered this problem, the diaper strap may be for you!  The strap holds together wipes and diapers so you don't have to lug the diaper bag everytime you need to run and change a diaper.  Or it may just come in handy to keep diapers and wipes together so you're not digging through trying to find something that's fallen to the bottom of the bag.  It may also come in handy if you like to have diapers and wipes available in rooms in your house other than the nursery, but you don't want a bulk stockpile of items laying around everywhere.  Here is the diaper strap I made for my friend's baby shower: 


I was pretty pleased with how it turned out!  I may make a few tweaks from the tutorial I used in the link above as I found it hard to sew through the velcro, so I'm going to do some experimenting with this project and hopefully make more diaper straps for upcoming baby projects!


I found the fabric at JoAnn's in the quilting section and thought it was pretty cute and could be considered gender-neutral. 



I'm excited to make more!  I bought another cute pattern when I picked this one out because I couldn't decide between the two, so stay tuned for more diaper strap posts:)

Happy Monday everyone!

1 comment: