Wednesday, April 10, 2013

DIY Cards

I don't know about you, but I squirm everytime I go to the store to buy a card and the price is $4-5 a piece!  I know there are dollar section cards, and those are okay for some occasions, but not personal enough for others (in my opinion).  I've handmade cards in the past with leftover scrapbooking materials, stickers, stamps, etc.  Last night I worked on some more cards, this time using my friends Cricut machine.  This is a great way to make use of small paper pieces!  I'm no card-making expert, and my cards definitely don't turn out like professional DIY card-makers, but these should do for now! 

Upcoming events that inspired last night's card-making session are baby showers, Mother's Day, and a birthday.  The baby ones are my favorite!
 
 Very simple, but cute - in my biased opinion:)
 I left the insides blank so I can write a personal note and share a bible verse that I choose for each occasion.

Here is the birthday card - very simple, but works!  The flower is a sticker.


These are my cards for Mother's Day for my mother and grandmother.  My Grandma loves birds, so hopefully she'll like this card:)


And HAPPY APRIL 10th!!!  Snow in Minnesota on this lovely "spring" day.  This is what I woke up to.  I think last year I was wearing flip flops by now, but this year I'm still relying on Uggs to keep my feet protected from this nonsense!



1 comment:

  1. The cards are great! Excited to have a card making night with you soon!

    ReplyDelete