Monday, February 18, 2013

Gender Reveal Party

My good friend Shannon and her husband are having their first child this summer.  They wanted to find out the gender, and of course all of her friends wanted to know ASAP, so I threw a Gender Reveal Party for Shannon.  It was a great excuse to get everyone together and celebrate this special time for Shannon!  I didn't get as many pictures as I hoped, but here's a few:
I made this banner by cutting out triangles of burlap and the letters from a cricut.  It was strung by thin twine.
The mother-to-be and me!


I made these baby mobiles and hung them from the ceiling.  My inspiration came from an etsy site: http://www.luulla.com/product/18129/pink-nursery-heart-mobile

After enjoying some munchies and beverages, we played an Old Wives Tales game, asking Shannon questions and her responses determined if it was a boy or girl.  I got the questions from this site: http://www.snugasabugbaby.com/baby-gender-reveal-party-activity-ideas/

After playing the game, I had little gifts with nail polish inside, either pink or blue, and each of the girls picked the color for what their guess was.  Even though the Old Wives Tales told us Shannon was having a girl, the majority guessed it was a boy.  All of the girls put in baby name ideas for Shannon and her husband and we read those outloud too. 

Shannon and her husband and their parents found out the gender 2 days prior to our party, so she brought cupcakes to our party to reveal the gender to us!
It's a BOY!!!!!

The cupcakes sure were delicious!

1 comment:

  1. I love those mobiles! They would be cute to put in a nursery too!

    ReplyDelete