Friday, October 4, 2013

Montana fishing trip

In August we went on a family fishing trip with my husband's entire family.  We stayed on the Gallatin River just outside of Bozeman.  It sure was a treat to get away from the every day hustle and bustle of city life and enjoy the peace of the flowing river and fresh mountain air!  Jesse's family has a tradition of going fishing in Montana almost every year, and this was my first time experiencing it.  He warned me that they would spend the entire day on the river fishing.  I was so thankful the cabin was right on the river so I was able to join the crew for a few hours each day - I don't think I would've enjoyed it as much had I spent 8+ hours a day out there:)  Here are a few pictures from my few hours out there:

 I caught some trout!
 Jesse's brother and sister-in-law
 Jesse's parents

 Our keep one day...

I can't imagine going to the mountains without actually being in the mountains and hiking, so we did spend a little time hiking and it was beautiful!  Here are some pictures from our hike on the Lava Lake Trail.  It was a gorgeous hike and at the top we were spoiled with a beautiful lake and the Spanish Peak mountains in the distance.





The next morning  we did a much shorter hike on the Hyalite Creek Trail and saw some beautiful waterfalls.  

We enjoyed our long weekend getaway!  What a great way to refresh and rejuvenate before fall comes...

1 comment:

  1. I would love to get out to the mountains! What a great trip!

    ReplyDelete