Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Inspiring words

I have been an avid follower of Aimee Weaver's blog over the past year or so.  She is an artist that makes beautiful wooden signs with quotes from scripture, lyrics, or other inspirational sayings.  One of the signs I had seen her make really stuck with me when I was engaged and planning for our wedding.  I read through her tutorial and attempted to make a similar sign.  My mom found some old wood on our farm that looks like it came from the side of a wagon.  It was the perfect size for my project. 

At the wedding:
And now we can display it in our bedroom:

This process also inspired me to make another sign that included a verse from one of our scripture readings. 
At the wedding:

Now displayed in our entryway:

Since the wedding, as I've been trying to settle into our home, I realized I have more wall spaces to fill.  A good friend of mine from college has come over and we have worked on some canvas paintings.  The below pictures are the two that I have completed for our home. 
 

We'll see what other wall spaces I can fill with inspiring words!

No comments:

Post a Comment